1. What things did you build as a child (LEGO, forts, etc.)? What were some of the difficulties you encountered in building? What were some of the joys associated with building?
2. Read 1 Peter 2:1-12.
3. What are some of the privileges you see in this passage? Focus on the idea of “holy priesthood”. What does this mean? Knowing that you are a priest, what privileges/responsibilities do you have today?
4. Have someone remind the group of the illustration of the bricks and stones. What did you learn from this illustration? How does each member of your group fit into TAC or your small group? If someone is unsure how they fit, spend time in listening prayer, seeking God’s wisdom on this matter. What is your next step?
5. Spend some time in listening prayer, asking God who in your life you should pray for/invest in this month (a neighbour, co-worker, classmate, etc.). How can you show them love? How can you speak truth into their life? Share what you learned with your group.
6. End your time together by having each person share:
i. What you must do in response to Sunday’s sermon.
ii. Encouraging words for another member of your group – how they have blessed you or others over the past couple of weeks.
iii. One area of struggle in their Christian walk.
iv. One person that they would like to see come to faith/return to God.
Pray for one another in light of these three items and any other concerns your group members might have.