1. Share a story you know of overcoming (from real life, a movie, book, etc.).
2. What does it mean to overcome something?
3. Read 1 John 2. What stands out to you in this passage?
4. Who do you think children, young men and fathers are? Are these terms to be taken literally or do they represent something wider?
5. What does John say to each of these groups of people? What do each of these pronouncements mean?
6. In what way are the young men strong? How is the evil one overcome? How can we be strong in such a way that we overcome the evil one? Reflect on Matthew 4:1-11 and Ephesians 6:10-20.
7. What is the anointing that believers have?
8. Where do you need to experience God’s overcoming power today? Pray for one another, that God would bring victory.