1. When have you experienced the presence of God the greatest? Describe that experience.
2. Read the passage 1 John 1:1-2:2
3. How is what John describes in vv. 1-3 greater than what people before Christ experienced? What evidence is there in this passage that this is still an ongoing experience for us
4. There are at least three things we do to nurture this fellowship with God that we have been given:
- Gazing upon Christ (2-4). What are the distractions that most lure your gaze away from Christ? Any ideas on how to remedy that?
- walking in the light (5-10). Why is confession of sin such an important practice for the Christian? Describe an experience where confession renewed fellowship with God for you.
- Trust your Advocate (2:1-2). Why would we not trust Him in this role?
5. Is there a longing for deeper fellowship with God in your heart? Express that to God and pray for each other.