Syrian Refugee Sponsorship Prayer Update – May 2018
Toronto Alliance Church
Please Pray for these Important Requests for the Syrian Refugee family…
- Praise God – for the approval to come to Canada given to the Alikos, and for the travel date of May 24th when they plan to arrive here in Toronto.
- Pray – though they are approved by the Canadian government to come, they have not yet been fully approved by the Lebanese government to leave Lebanon! It is a bit complicated, but they need to clear local police checks to ensure they have nothing on their record in Lebanon.
- Pray – for the process of settling their new apartment in Parkdale. Many donations are being collected and will be moved into their new apartment on June 1-2. Pray that this is a smooth process and that the apartment will suit them.
- Pray – for the departure from friends in Lebanon, for their transition into life in Toronto, their upcoming adjustments to English, to Canadian culture, to new home, school for their older kids (Jacklin – 12 year old girl, and Jenkiz Khan – 10 year old boy) and for the health of all their kids, including their baby girl (Jana – 8 mos).
- Pray – for the REST Team (refugee settlement team) as they work over the coming months to help Adel & Feryal orient their family to their new schools, doctors, health system, language study, development of skills for work, lots of paper work, etc.
Thank you for your willingness to join us as we pray for this family to come to Canada. It is a difficult journey and our prayers do make a difference. God Bless you as you bring these requests to God in prayer.
Pastor Jim Foster
Toronto Alliance Church Refugee Settlement Team (ReST)